Sunday, May 10, 2009

We’re HERE!!!!!

Well we arrived in Kiev at about 2 pm this afternoon!!  It was a few long flights, but we made it.  I didn’t know they could cram so many people on a Lufthansa flight!  We were packed in there like sardines for the almost 9 hour flight.  I was never so happy to land before in my life.  Our driver picked us up at the airport after we were done with the passport people.  BTW… anyone coming to Kiev for adoption or otherwise, make sure on the pieces of paper that you fill out after you get off the plane, that you fill out BOTH sides – both arrival and departure information BEFORE you stand in line.  Otherwise you will have to get out of line, fill out the other side and then wait in line a second time!  We learned the hard way!! LOL  I think our driver thought we were never coming through!  But we are none the worse for wear.  I slept for a couple hours when we got to out apartment and Joe got the internet up and running. 

We are exhausted so we will update more tomorrow.  Our drivers daughter offered to show us around Kiev’s city center as she is off tomorrow because of holiday!  We will talk with her in the morning to make plans.  Now we are going to bed!!  We also have Skype working here and our Skype ID is brigitte.van.nice so if you see that we are online, we might be able to chat if you want.  Unless of course we are talking with the kids, then we will have to wait til that is over.  We have talked to them already today and they are doing great!!

Until tomorrow…

I am thankful for wonderful pilots and God’s hand in getting us here safe and sound!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so happy to hear that you have arrived! I hope you get to meet Jacob soon!

Amy said...

Just saw your post on RR... I'm so glad to hear you are there safe!!! Been thinking about you guys today. :)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY friend!!

Praying your SDA appoint goes GREAT, keep us updated!!

Our Story: Continued said...

I'm so glad you arrived safely! Enjoy your sightseeing tomorrow (err...today, your time!) Have a great time and we will be praying for a smooth trip and super fast court date!! Hugs!!

Ellen Stumbo said...

I am folowing closely. This is so exciting. I am praying for you friend and will love to see pictures of your son!

Carson's Mom said...

I can't wait to hear updates. I am praying for everything to go smoothly for you.

Kayla

Kristen said...

I am so happy to see that you arrived safely in Kiev! Surely, you are already up and around today since our day is just beginning! Prayers for you daily!!!

Julie said...

I'm so glad you made it there safely, and that everything is going well so far. Enjoy your day. I'm so excited to hear more!

alicia said...

yay!! glad that you got there fine!

orphans4me said...

I am so glad you are safely there. I hope you had fun touring around today.

Joy,RR