Monday, January 25, 2010

Couch to 5K Progress

Life with Bubba, Chicky and Nika

So I am still on track!  I have been motivated to continue and it gets easier with every workout!  THANK GOD!!! LOL

I just started W4 yesterday!  It daunted me on paper….5 minutes of running (x2)!  I have looked at it for the first three weeks thinking “I will NEVER be able to do it!”  Well I DID!!  I CONQUERED! 

It does get easier with each workout!  I am still in the basement on the treadmill because quite frankly it isn’t safe to run outside in Iowa in January!  Ice, snow and winds…not to mention the below zero wind chill!!  I don’t need a broken leg or ankle because I HAD to run outside! 

Then, amazingly enough, on Saturday, Joe asked me to print off the schedule because he wanted to start as well!  YAHOO!!  So while I am a few weeks ahead of him in training, he is going to do this with me! 

Still on the road and loving it so far.  I actually am looking forward to my runs AND I have lost almost 5 lbs since I started!  Getting there.  By the end of next week I am supposed to be able to run 20 minutes at a stretch… that is daunting me now, but I know I can do it!

3 comments:

Missy said...

I think you're doing GREAT!!! Though I live in FL and the weather is fantastic this time of year, summers are murder and NO place to run - I want a treadmill, toooooo!!

Kathleen said...

Okay, I sort of got off track with the running already. This is the encouragement I need to get back at it. Good for you!

JRS said...

Way to go Brigette!
---Jen