Saturday, October 31, 2009

The End …. Day 31

Well I did it!  (As Josie would say)  I blogged every day for the month of October and for Down Syndrome Awareness Month!  I can’t believe I actually did it, but it was fun!  I think I covered a lot of area.  Our own personal experiences mixed in with some facts and some fun things that people with Down syndrome are doing! 

I guess it all boils down to the fact that I wouldn’t change my journey with Josie and Jacob for anything.  I am who I am today because of them and the things they each brought to my life.  My relationship with Joe is stronger, I think, than it would be if we hadn’t have went through the things we have went through having two special needs children.   I believe it is a life changing situation that either breaks up a family or  brings it much closer together and for us it has been the latter. 

I pray that Josie and Jake’s future is bright and that people are as accepting of them as they get older as they are now!  If I can change one person’s mind about how they look at individuals with Down syndrome, then I will be happy!  I wish I could change the world, but it can only start with one person.  Maybe, just maybe with a domino effect, we, as parents, can change the world…one mind at a time!!

Thank you for reading this month and I will  to continue to blog on a very,very regular basis!  HOWEVER, I am taking tomorrow off from blogging!  You will get to see Halloween pictures on Monday!!  HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

Ellen Stumbo said...

And I did read your bog almost every day!
Thanks for today friend! I will send you an e-mail to let you know how it went!