Tuesday, December 1, 2009

12 Days of Giving

 

Thank you Bethany for this hosting this great idea!!!  We shall participate.

 

Life with Bubba, Chicky and Nika

 

Click on the button above to see how it works if you would like to participate!!!!

 

Here’s our first for 12 days of giving:

 

Recently, I lost my job with the State of Iowa due to budget cuts.  Not only was I affected, but also another woman in our office lost her job as well.  We have spoken on the telephone several times over the past couple weeks and she was having trouble getting her resume formatted the way she wanted so that she could send it out to apply for new positions! 

To make a long story short, she emailed me her resume, I tweaked it, set the formats, fonts etc and emailed it back to her.  She was so grateful!  It was the least I could do to help her out!  I was glad that my “talent” (and I say that quite loosely) could help her!!!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

That is awesome Brigitte! Not everyone can do stuff like that and I'm sure she is so thankful for your help! Yay! :)

Kathleen said...

We just moved to northwest Iowa from Michigan. Where in Iowa are you? I love this idea. I am going to try it at our house.

Brigitte said...

We live in Grundy Center!! I would love to meet you sometime if we aren't too far apart!

Kathleen said...

We live in Sioux Center. I just started teaching at Dordt College in the education program (I teach classes on teaching special education and teaching English as a second language). We are still adjusting to life in Iowa :-)