Tuesday, April 26, 2011

30 Days of Blogging – Day 3 or is it 20??

I know I am a little behind.. but we are starting where we left off!!!

Day 2: Take a photo of a random part of your day and tell us about it

002

It’s completely random and meaningful at the same time.  If it were up to me, we’d get a new dining room table because quite frankly this one is outdated and getting old!  It doesn’t really match our house or the things we have in our home.  I prefer a rectangular table with heavier chairs and a bench for the kids to sit at.  The chairs have been glued I can’t even count the number of times.  This is as big as it gets with two leaves in it and with soon to be 7 of us, there isn’t much more room for company around this table!

Why do we keep it you ask?  Why haven’t we gotten a new, prettier, more durable table??  Well there is one simple reason.  The greatest Mother-In-Law ever bought this table and sat at this table for hours and hours and thought about her family and her life.  The very moment I met this lady, she was sitting at this table holding Boss (their dog) by the collar so he wouldn’t scare me!  This table is full of memories when Karen was still around.  She has been gone for just over 8 years and we miss her every day, but having this table that was a part of her in our home, makes the fact that I don’t really like it, my very most favorite thing in our house!  So it stays in our dining room for now.. reminding us nearly every single day of my husbands mother, Karen!  She was an amazing woman!!!

No comments: