Sunday, October 19, 2008

Freaking Out!!

Today I scheduled our Home Study!! There I typed it!! A week from Saturday, a lady is coming to our house to decide whether or not we are physically, mentally and logistically able to adopt Jacob!! That, in and of itself, is scary. Luckily, since our kids at home are so little, they don't have to be here. We are shipping them off to Grandma and Grandpa's for the night before and all day Saturday. I will actually be able to get stuff done around here that night and in the morning without six little hands running behind me undoing everything!!!

I am just freaking out about the whole thing. What do we have to do yet before she comes:

  • ALL LAUNDRY DONE AND PUT AWAY (Did I say I only had a little under two weeks? This one might be tough. LOL)
  • ALL THE SPRING CLEANING THAT I DIDN'T DO THIS SPRING
  • FIRE EXTINGUISHERS AND A COUPLE ADDITIONAL SMOKE DETECTORS
  • CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR
  • SCRUB THE FLOORS
  • REORGANIZE OWENS ROOM
  • CLEAN OUT THE GARAGE (Not that she will go in there, but as long as we're doing crap, I might as well get Joe to do this too right?? )
  • RE-ORGANIZE OUR ROOM! (We have new bedding coming this week so I wanted to get this done anyway)
  • DUSTING (Since I am so bad at this most all the time)

Ok, so now I have a bit of a list and since I am a list person, when I have these things done, I can cross them off!! I am sure it will go fine, but I get nervous when people come over, especially those that will help decide our future!!! Wish us luck!!!

3 comments:

JRS said...

Luck! You'll be fine.
---Jen

gillian said...

It will be great! I am excited for you to get this step going!1 Yes!!

vannich2438 said...

You guys will do great! No one is more deserving than your "our" family! You have an entire troup supporting you guys. :)