Friday, March 26, 2010

My Name is Brigitte…..

and I am a blogging slacker!!  Isn’t that the first step.. admitting you have a problem?? 

I have been out of the loop for awhile now as you can see by my lack of posting!  Here is briefly what has been going on in my life:  (pics to follow tomorrow)

  • Took a trip to Tennessee for Spring Break—Amy and Mayson rode along with myself and the kids.  5 kids and 2 adults for a 12 hour drive.  Quite interesting to say the least!  We had a marvelous time and were so blessed to stay with my friend Lyndi and her family!!  Oh if the walls could talk, right Amy and Lyndi??  (I will post pics of our trip tomorrow)
  • While we were in Tennessee, our kitchen and living room were painted some new, beautiful colors.   (Before and after pics to come tomorrow as well)
  • I got called back to work at the Clerk of Courts office.  16 hours a week.  Two full days so therefore the need for daycare.  We have been searching and have found one that will do for the time being.  It is in a different town, so we are hoping to get into one here in town in August when school starts again!  Let’s keep our fingers crossed.
  • I am the chairman for two Buddy Walks taking place in September and October so we are coming into full swing for those event planning sessions!  That is keeping me on my toes!
  • I am still doing my post adoption care for Ukraine for Reece’s Rainbow  I get in touch with each family adopting from Ukraine when they come home and make sure they file the necessary paperwork with the Ukrainian Consulate and try to answer any other questions they have.  Things have been pretty quiet on that front, but since the SDA has opened back up for submissions on Feb 1st, we are starting the spring rush and I believe there are over 60 families in process for Ukraine right now! 
  • I am also doing the Polar Plunge on April 10th.  Getting my head wrapped around that.  Although it really isn’t much of an “Polar” Plunge since it’s supposed to be in the 60’s this next week!  If you would like to help out and sponsor me, you can follow this link!
  • I am slacking on my Couch to 5K.  I haven’t run in a few weeks.  I went to the dr the beginning of March and found out that I am anemic and b12 deficient again!  So I am doing IV Iron Infusions weekly for 6 weeks then I am also giving myself B12 injections weekly for another couple weeks and then monthly for the rest of my life.  I have been rundown trying to find energy to just do the normal stuff.  I am hoping to get back at it next week so I can do my 5K in May!

I think that’s about it… isn’t that enough for right now??  As I said,  I promise pictures tomorrow!

No comments: