Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oysters on the 1/2 Shell

If anyone of you know me… I mean the REAL me…you know that I am not one for raw fish of any kind.  I don’t like Sushi..as a matter fact, the one time I did try it, it was more like a Fear Factor moment for me!  YUCKY!!

That being said, I am now 41 – at the time these pictures were taken I was still 40.  Feeling every single day of 40, I vowed that I was going to make this a new start for me and begin to try things I didn’t have the guts to try before.  Put me out of my comfort zone so to speak! 

While I was in Minneapolis for the Tastefully Simple National Conference, I had the opportunity to try something new… two things actually, but I only have photo evidence of one.  The other thing I tried was Aahi Tuna and it was GOOD!

We went to McCormick & Schmick’s for dinner!  It was YUMMY!  My friend, Karissa ordered oysters on the 1/2 shell and I tried one…. Enjoy the pictures of my experience.

 

Trying to psych myself up for the experience!

061

Here we go!!!

062

The face wasn’t because of the oyster, but the splash of vinegar that I put in it to make it taste better!  LOL

063 - Copy

Proof that I really did it!!  EMPTY!!!

066

The verdict – I might not order an entire order of these, however, I would eat them again and even the fact that I had to bite into it, didn’t ruin it for me!  Watch me spread my wings….beginning with baby steps of course!

No comments: